2016 has now come and gone and with many people declaring it the WORST YEAR EVER, I thought I would take a step back to reflect on all of the INCREDIBLE things that I got to do this year. Of course it’s really difficult to remember everything that happened in a year, so I scoured through my Google Photos and used it to create this timeline. I think 2016 was the craziest and most fun year yet, for better or for worse.
- Started eating healthy and working out, per my New Year’s Resolution.
- Met Dita Von Teese @ Barnes & Noble “Your Beauty Mark” Signing.
- Attended Long Beach Comic Expo w/ Game of Thrones cosplay group.
- Took a weekend trip to Lake Arrowhead with Leslie, Camille, Lorraine, and our boyfriends.
- Started horseback riding again.
- Competed in Warrior Dash with Felix, Taryn, and Patrick.
- Attended Wondercon in Star Trek cosplay.
- Shot Nerdist’s Game of Thrones Rewritten short as Melisandre.
- Annual trip to the Renaissance Pleasure Faire.
- Celebrated the launch of Overwatch. The world needs more heroes!
- Attended the Warcraft Movie Premiere at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood.
- Won 1st Place in the Blizzcon Workout Group 3 Month Transformation Challenge.
- Attended my first San Diego Comic Con with Game of Thrones cosplay group.
- Visted Wizarding World of Harry Potter with my friends Adam & Lisa.
- Shot this awesome Songhammer “Legion” music video shoot.
- Rocked my Nemesis Warlock cosplay to the World of Warcraft: Legion launch event.
- Celebrated at the World of Warcraft: Legion champagne toast.
- Turned 30 surrounded by all of my wonderful friends.
- Attended our second SCA event, Great Western War, where we debuted The Beggar’s Inn.
- Worked tirelessly for most of the month with my friends on my Blizzcon cosplay build of Sylvanas.
- Had the honor of being in Dana & Stephanie’s wedding.
- Debuted my Sylvanas Windrunner costume and worked my butt off at Blizzcon.
- Attended Leslie & Sam’s Housewarming.
- Watched Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them with all of my favorite people.
- Took my first trip to Magic Castle.
- Launched Haute Glue!
You can read about November’s madness here.
- Kissed horses at the Socal Saddlery Holiday Party.
- Headed to Vegas for my work’s holiday party.
- Hosted a Holiday/Goodbye party for my dear friend Sverre.
- Took the Warner Bros. Studio Tour.
- Celebrated the new year.
Thanks for the memories 2016!